Bring on the holidays with our Cheesy Bacon Hasselback Potatoes featuring Gwaltney Thick Cut Bacon.
Prep Time: 50 minutes
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 package Gwaltney Bacon, cooked and broken into 4 pieces
- 1 package sliced extra sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 24 thin slices, then halved
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (optional)
- 2 wooden spoons
- Heat oven to 450°F. Cut a thin, lengthwise slice off bottom of each potato and discard. Place 2 wooden spoons on opposite long sides of a potato on a cutting board. Cut potato crosswise into 24 thin slices, stopping when knife hits spoons. Repeat with all potatoes.
- Microwave on high for 12-14 minutes. Place in foil-lined 13×9-inch pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Heat broiler.
- Insert bacon pieces and cheese slices between each potato slice. Combine parmesan and chives and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Broil on top rack for 2-3 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.